Show your local community support and help spread kindness!
Join Souris Valley United Way on Friday, November 13th to celebrate LIVE UNITED DAY! United Way is a community of donors, partners, advocates, and volunteers who together are able to take on problems such as hunger and homelessness. Together, we are able to make a difference in our community!
Don’t just wear the shirt… LIVE IT! Show our community how to LIVE UNITED by doing a RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS for ONE other person in your workplace, neighborhood, school, family, group of friends, or community.
Friday, November 13th participate in #Rakminot and capture it! Take videos and pictures of you or someone you know doing good for another in our community or share your experience. Be sure to share it on social media with the hashtag #minotliveunited #RAKminot so we can see all the good that is being done around our community. When you complete a #rakminot leave the next person with this card: #RAKminot cards
To purchase your T-Shirts you can mail a check or click the "Buy Shirts" link at the bottom of the page to pay via credit card. Deadline for orders is October 16th!
Click the links below for PDF copies of the information needed for this event.
So you're thinking what are some things you could do? Here you go!
Ideas in your workplace
- Write a note of appreciation for a coworker
- Surprise a coworker with a coffee or treat
- Take a new employee to lunch
- Bring breakfast to your team
- Set up Random Acts of Kindness bulletin boards for people to post their stories
- Introduce yourself to someone new
- Tape a note & coins to the vending machine
- Email a funny meme or joke
- Tell someone how awesome they are
Ideas for families & kids
- Buy a coffee, gas or someone's lunch
- Get extra supplies for your teacher at a school
- Mail a family member a card
- Hold the door open for people
- Tape new bags of microwave popcorn to a Redbox rental machine.
- Draw a family member a picture
- Leave your neighbor a nice note
- Write a thank you card to law enforcement firefighters, a teacher, janitor or librarian
- Give hugs to people you care about
- Write a note to your mail carrier
2019 Participating Businesses
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of ND
- Brokers 12
- Cameron - A Schlumberger Company
- Companions for Children - Staff and Board of Directors
- Cookies For You
- Country Financial - Emily Grossman
- Dacotah Bank
- Farstad Oil - Golf Tournament Committee
- First International Bank & Trust
- Johnson Eyecare & Eyewear
- KX News - Minot
- Lewis and Clark Elementary
- Minot Commission on Aging
- Northern Plains Children's Advocacy Center
- Prairie Federal Credit Union
- Town & Country Credit Union
- US Bank
- Ward County HR